-
Problems with Garbled SCREEN display after boot from CD
I downloaded the Knoppix-STD following reading a TECHTV ScreenSavers segment on recovering lost passwords. I purchased an old HP LH NetServerPro from Dovebid auctions two months ago. It has NT installed on it. I want to use thus server to store encoded audio files from my Wireless Tech Radio Internet streamed radio talk show on Wireless technologies.
The folks at Knoppix-STD.org suggested my issues are Knoppix related so to try here.
I successfully burned the CD and can BOOT the HP machine. After POST when the Knoppix program appears to begin to load I get one (1) clean screen display then problems.
The screen appears to squish UP into 2/3 of the screen display. Nothing appears in the bottom 1/3. Also the text only display appears shifted 15-20 characters or more to the RIGHT and wraps around to the left side by 6-8 characters. I suspect information on the bottom is not displayed at all.
I would appreciate any assistance anyone can provide me here in diagnosing the problem. Please ask me the questions I need to answer to help you assist me. I'll re-run the problem to try to identify and answers your questions.
Maybe we can interatively decode what's going on.
Thanks anyone.
Jim Sutton
Founder, Wireless Tech Radio
-
Senior Member
registered user
Assuming that it has the same type of cheat codes available for use then try knoppix xvrefresh=60 xmodule=?? replace the ?? with the module for the video card in the system and you may want to add a screen= for the screen size as well.
Similar Threads
-
By Ark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By tekhaxor in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-28-2004, 09:34 AM
-
By Tets in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By flexyjerkov in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 07:02 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...
$64.99

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home
$16.99

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H
$104.98

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US
$21.98

Compressed Air Duster,150000Rpm Electric Air Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag Vacuum
$72.62