I havent used Nero but it is necessary to burn as a .iso image. Check the docs and faq on this site. It is also good practice to check the Md5sum of the image.
johnb
Please excuse such a stupid question but I have burnt a bootable image using Nero download and now have KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09-EN.iso on the disk.
The CD is first in the boot order in BIOS but when it boots it loads Caldera and just boots to DR DOS
What am I doing wrong?![]()
I havent used Nero but it is necessary to burn as a .iso image. Check the docs and faq on this site. It is also good practice to check the Md5sum of the image.
johnb
I think you burned the ISO file to the CD as a normal file. Try thinking the other way while I explain. ISO files are complete CD's represented as a file on your harddisk. I don't use physical CD's anymore because I'm (physically) lazy . Instead I use a program that can emulate a CD drive.
Basically you need a program that can interpretate the ISO file and burn that "image" to a CD. Nero is fine at that in Windows while K3B is fine in Knoppix.
Hope it helps![]()
most burning softwares can burn ISO files. They usually call them image files.
nero burns anything,ive been useing it for years.
if its an .img file thats bootable or not...just change .img to .iso and click "burn image" done
Thanks for all your replies guys - it is working now![]()
Nero rocks. I have been able to copy things with it that I couldn't even do with clone cd. For future reference, anyone using nero should chose to burn an opened or saved project (bottom option), click ISO, all files. the rest is done for you.

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97
Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00