-
Junior Member
registered user
ntpdate script does not seem to start at the right time.
Still working through the documentation but there's a ntpdate script in /etc/init.d and, on boot up, it appears that it is trying to load before ppp is set up. However, when I look in /etc/rcS.d, the ntpdate scripts starts with s51 while the ppp script starts with s38. According to my understanding, this should be OK since that means ppp should start before ntpdate.
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Joe
-
Junior Member
registered user
Okay, might have a solution...
I did the following (as root):
First, I backed up my ntpdate script:
mv /etc/init.d/ntpdate /etc/init.d/ntpdate.bak
Then, I removed it from startup (it was at s51):
update-rc.d ntpdate remove
Then, I restored the ntpdate script:
mv /etc/init.d/ntpdate.bak /etc/init.d/ntpdate
Then, I reinstalled it at 80
update-rc.d ntpdate defaults 80
Only problem is that the echo'd messages don't show since it's probably the last thing that happens at boot. OTOH - The clock is correct as compared to my cell phone and daylight savings time is coming up so I should know if it worked or not by then for sure.
Similar Threads
-
By spyhome in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 09:14 PM
-
By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 03:46 AM
-
By lothario in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By bubazoo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:51 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99