Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Noob wants to Remaster Knoppix

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35

    Noob wants to Remaster Knoppix

    I'm a newbie, I've played with linux for about a year useing Mandrake 9.2 and MandrakeMove. I tried Knoppix and like it more than the MandrakeMove. But I want to make alterations.

    So my goals are:
    Learn the ins and outs of Linux by Remastering Knoppix with such changes as, Replaceing Mozilla with Mozilla FireFox, if possable install Mnadrake's Disk partitian utility, I think it's call DiskDrak. Then to do something about the slowdown of remastered disks because they aren't optimized. [I did some research, I'm not a total noob]

    Any Tips and tricks, or basic information would be nice.
    Thankyou for your time.


    [EDIT]
    I'd also like it to auto scan for home, if able.

    [Another EDIT]
    What does knoppix use for compression? I notice it's been said to be totally differnt than the How To's

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35
    Are the Remastering programs any good?

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    52
    Follow the directions in the HowTo(that's how I started KnoppMyth). Cloop is the compression used.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by cesman
    Follow the directions in the HowTo(that's how I started KnoppMyth). Cloop is the compression used.
    How would I compress with cloop so I can get the same compression, I've noticed that people aren't useing cloop to do it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    How would I compress with cloop so I can get the same compression, I've noticed that people aren't useing cloop to do it.
    in fact the command is create_compressed_fs, it converts a filesystem to a cloop volume

    create_compressed_fs compresses a filesystem image to a compressed image suitable for mounting with the cloop driver

Similar Threads

  1. Help with K3B, noob to knoppix and linux please help
    By justinscouting in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
  2. KNOPPIX ROCKS......but I'm a noob
    By hoy_128 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
  3. noob trying to load knoppix 3_3
    By popgeorge in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
  4. Noob needs help using Knoppix
    By Spencer in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 02:56 AM
  5. knoppix won't boot for noob!
    By archdlx in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$209.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99