-
Noob wants to Remaster Knoppix
I'm a newbie, I've played with linux for about a year useing Mandrake 9.2 and MandrakeMove. I tried Knoppix and like it more than the MandrakeMove. But I want to make alterations.
So my goals are:
Learn the ins and outs of Linux by Remastering Knoppix with such changes as, Replaceing Mozilla with Mozilla FireFox, if possable install Mnadrake's Disk partitian utility, I think it's call DiskDrak. Then to do something about the slowdown of remastered disks because they aren't optimized. [I did some research, I'm not a total noob]
Any Tips and tricks, or basic information would be nice.
Thankyou for your time.
[EDIT]
I'd also like it to auto scan for home, if able.
[Another EDIT]
What does knoppix use for compression? I notice it's been said to be totally differnt than the How To's
Similar Threads
-
By justinscouting in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 09:45 AM
-
By hoy_128 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 02:34 AM
-
By popgeorge in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2004, 02:47 PM
-
By Spencer in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-19-2003, 02:56 AM
-
By archdlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server E5-2698 V4 | No RAM | 2x 1600W PSU
$414.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87