-
Junior Member
registered user
Compression! Lets all pitch in
Can we all start listing our compression percentage and on what hardware.
we need to know what works best xfs vs ext3 intell vs AMD does it make a difference? Why can I remove 170mb from the original knoppix iso, add 50mb of new software and be 60 megs over the original image. I hate to split hairs but I don't want to remove anything else.
I'm using an AMD 2400xp 750megs ram 750 megs swap ext3 file system.
using KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09-EN.iso create_compressed_fs says I got 39% compression
PLEASE reply with your hardware and results, I know the original compressed better than mine and I want to know why.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's not the HW issuge but the way knoppix is built - it uses a bit diffrent technique than all other how documents..
http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ry/001593.html
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK, I can appreciate that, Is there a how-to on where, how and when to implement this in the build process.
Where do I use the /KNOPPIX.build/mkisofs.sort file created.
Similar Threads
-
By knewbix in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:00 AM
-
By westcparts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:52 AM
-
By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:06 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99