Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Compression! Lets all pitch in

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12

    Compression! Lets all pitch in

    Can we all start listing our compression percentage and on what hardware.
    we need to know what works best xfs vs ext3 intell vs AMD does it make a difference? Why can I remove 170mb from the original knoppix iso, add 50mb of new software and be 60 megs over the original image. I hate to split hairs but I don't want to remove anything else.

    I'm using an AMD 2400xp 750megs ram 750 megs swap ext3 file system.
    using KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-09-EN.iso create_compressed_fs says I got 39% compression
    PLEASE reply with your hardware and results, I know the original compressed better than mine and I want to know why.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    It's not the HW issuge but the way knoppix is built - it uses a bit diffrent technique than all other how documents..

    http://mailman.linuxtag.org/pipermai...ry/001593.html

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    12
    OK, I can appreciate that, Is there a how-to on where, how and when to implement this in the build process.
    Where do I use the /KNOPPIX.build/mkisofs.sort file created.

Similar Threads

  1. A few general questions, lets discuss.
    By knewbix in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 05:00 AM
  2. Newbe--Ok lets try again on partition of HD for install
    By westcparts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:52 AM
  3. How to get a better compression??
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
  4. compression
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:06 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver picture

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver

$79.89