It might be a NTFS partition which knoppix can't write too. You can try to get the unoffical 3.4 and see if you can do it.
Here is what I am trying to do.
I am trying to remove a virus from a windows2000 machine. I want to boot off the knoppix cd (which I know how to do and have done) to access the hard drive for the Windows2000 machine.
The reason for doing it this way is because by nmanualy trying to delete the virus file or using an anti-virus software I can not delete the file.
So I figure on using knoppix and trying to delete the file off the hard drive.
Can something like this be done, even thought the file cannot be accesses via a windows environment?
It might be a NTFS partition which knoppix can't write too. You can try to get the unoffical 3.4 and see if you can do it.
Even though its an NTFS isn't there a way to mount the drive and make it write able through knoppix?
If it were a FAT then I assume this would be a possibillity to get rid of virus files that will not allow them selves to be deleted in a windows / DOS environment?
yes if it is fat it is easy to delete the files IF you know where they are and what they are called
just rightklick on the disk icon and select them to become read/write...
Thanks kindly my friend I shall try this![]()
try Linux Defender (http://www.bitdefender.com/bd/site/d...php?menu_id=21) Is intended exactly to solve your kind of problems

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon Platinum 8268 2.9GHz 24-Core FCLGA3647 Processor | SRF95
$119.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99