-
update-menus not working
Does anyone know why a lot of my programs don't show in the menus?
I already did "ln -s /etc/kde3/debian/kdm-update-menu.sh /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu" to get rid of:
root@fujibox:/# update-menus
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu: No such file or directory
I also removed a couple of extra spaces from /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps
and /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs to get rid of 8 lines of errors.
Also I did a reinstall of the "menu" package.
Now when I run it, it doesn't add programs to the menu, instead it puts ones I added by hand into Lost & Found
The menu package is: menu 2.1.10-1
There must be something I'm missing here???
-
Let's try a different approach
Some time ago I remember doing a choise when the menu system got upgraded and chose Debian style menus. Now this possibly put the nice "Debian" folder on top of the "All Applications" list on the menu, with all the nice icons and shortcuts in it that I'd want to have in my Knoppix menu.
The question is, is there any way to undo the Debian style menus selection to remove the Debian folder and get all the icons to go under the Knoppix folders?
Similar Threads
-
By Cardador in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
-
By zlibre in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By montagne57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Switch Lite 8 PoE
$65.00

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$14.86

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99