I started using Knoppix Live CD in my workplace since it's a better tool to access the company's Unix box rather than using Windows' telnet on the DOS command prompt. I just use the same ip address normally assigned to my terminal.
Inorder to get internet access during a Windows session, a dialog box comes up requesting for a username and password. Once these are provided, internet access is granted.
However, in a Knoppix session, I cannot browse the internet with a message saying 'connection refused'. How can I have the username and password prompted so that I can access the internet during a Knoppix session?

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3â Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14â HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14â FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14â Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99