-
Internet Access Authentication
I started using Knoppix Live CD in my workplace since it's a better tool to access the company's Unix box rather than using Windows' telnet on the DOS command prompt. I just use the same ip address normally assigned to my terminal.
Inorder to get internet access during a Windows session, a dialog box comes up requesting for a username and password. Once these are provided, internet access is granted.
However, in a Knoppix session, I cannot browse the internet with a message saying 'connection refused'. How can I have the username and password prompted so that I can access the internet during a Knoppix session?
Similar Threads
-
By Wrincle in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 07:05 PM
-
By tweety77 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By ffman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 11:24 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 11:39 AM
-
By Krazy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01