-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: atp-get broken

Originally Posted by
Jux
Hi
I wanted to install new packeges with apt-get and at first it worked fine, but one time it messed something up because of unmet dependency issues. So the package installation couldn't complete. Now when i want to install another package it gives me the same old crap about the uncompleted installation and to solve it - i should
apt-get -f install
(without any package)
OK i do that but then it gives another error that is a bit similar to that in the first place.
here it is:
- The following extra packages will be installed:
kdelibs-data libx11-6 libx11-dev libxcursor-dev libxslt1.1 x-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
libxslt1
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libx11-6 libx11-dev libxcursor-dev libxslt1.1 x-dev
1 packages upgraded, 5 newly installed, 1 to remove and 757 not upgraded.
94 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/7436kB of archives. After unpacking 6558kB will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Setting up base-passwd (3.5.7) ...
(Reading database ... 114482 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking libx11-6 (from .../libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/lib/common/ximcp.so.2', which is also in package xlibs
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libx11-6_4.3.0-7_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
what should i do?
Jux,
Is it me, or does 94 packages message appear too high??? I freak out when I just get ONE of these... (I am "way" out of my depth here, so, I am just pointing out what "I" see as "above normal", from what I can see... You tried to apt-get install a "big" set of packages "previously" -=- which evidently, died before it could complete its work. Now "that" previous install is forcing itself to be fixed, hopefully, before anything else can get even more messed up)
I had this happen twice: first was after doing an apt-get upgrade - and "joe" messed it up, and the other was trying to get ALSA working on my system. (if I recall my memory correctly) my system got so messed up, I had to re-install. Hopefully, someone else has better answers than me, and this "resolve" it not something you "have" to do, Jux.
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By kplloyd in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:55 AM
-
By muczy in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 12:38 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:25 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 02:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00