Glad to see good feeback on this post. I'm moving it over to Hdd Install which is really where it should go. Continue to post your results. I'm sure others will appreciate.
rob, i dont think that was it... when i reboot, the lines that go down the screen show an error that my usb devices are not accepting new numbers....
where is the log of the start up saved? i can post a copy...
Glad to see good feeback on this post. I'm moving it over to Hdd Install which is really where it should go. Continue to post your results. I'm sure others will appreciate.
the log is called /var/log/dmesgOriginally Posted by god
I found out that if I turn the computer off compleatly, and let it sit, then boot to linux i can use my USB devices... but ONLY if i power off for a bit...
That is just plain strange...and you didn't have this problem until after you installed the Nvidia drivers?Originally Posted by god
no sir... and i didnt get those errors on startup either...
Would you mind posting a copy of the errors in question?Originally Posted by god
nerp
Hi,
mmh, why do I get this error?
#/usr/bin/gcc-2.95 -c -Wall -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts #-Wparentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wno-multichar -O -MD -D__KERNEL__ #-DMODULE -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -DNTRM -D_GNU_SOURCE #-D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -DNV_MAJOR_VERSION=1 #-DNV_MINOR_VERSION=0 -DNV_PATCHLEVEL=4191 -DNV_UNIX -DNV_LINUX #-DNV_INT64_OK -DNVCPU_X86 -I. -I/usr/src/linux/include -Wno-cast-qual nv.c
#In file included from nv.c:14:
#nv-linux.h:24: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory
#make: *** [nv.o] Error 1
???sorry im debian noob![]()
Well, the kernel is definately finding the mouse and loading the driver. Doesn't make any sense as to why it would stop working after a warm reboot... anyone got any ideas?usb.c: registered new driver usb_mouse
usbmouse.c: v1.6:USB HID Boot Protocol mouse driver
usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
usb.c: registered new driver hid
hid-core.c: v1.8.1 Andreas Gal, Vojtech Pavlik <[email protected]>
hid-core.c: USB HID support drivers
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1694.85
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$441.77
Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished
$519.99
Toshiba THNSNJ1T02CSX 1TB 12G SAS 2.5in SSD Tested
$109.00
Samsung T9 1TB, External (MU-PG1T0B/AM) Solid Slate Drive
$188.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$31.99