does the /etc/mtab file need to have a reference/entry for the floppy drive? My floppy will not mount and there is no reference to it in MTAB.
The line for floppy in FSTAB is:
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat defaults,user,noauto,showexec,umask=022 0 0
Is there another file that I can check to see if there may be a problem relating to the floppy drive? I checked MTAB and FSTAB only.... I notice I get an INPUT/OUTPUT ERROR if i try to format the floppy using KDE floppy format program....I seem to think this I/O error is why my floppy will not mount...any ideas how to find what the I/O error is? bob

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
PNY Optima SSD Series 240GB SATA III 6 Gb/s Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$39.99