I'm same problem, I use tiscali and they gave me a Sagem F@st 800 usb (only) modem, I cant get it to work under Linux (not just knoppix)
Does anyone have any idea's?
Hi I recenlty downloaded Knoppix live cd, but am having trouble installing the drivers and configuring the modem, is this possible with Live cd. Am an absolute newbie to Linux and would need to have things explained to me in the simplest form, I have looked though the forum threads and have came across some topics relating to my problem but I havent had much luck as I dont have much of an understanding of command lines and kernals and stuff. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm same problem, I use tiscali and they gave me a Sagem F@st 800 usb (only) modem, I cant get it to work under Linux (not just knoppix)
Does anyone have any idea's?
This is the thread for me, I just hope that someone will show a solution to our problem.
I have a linux driver and instructions that i got from the sagem web site, but i have not had time to try them.
www.sagem.com
I have downloaded the Linux driver fast800.2.0.7_fr from www.sagem.com but cannot make it work. USBview shows ADSL-USB and the adsl modem LED is off.
Whenever I try to install, Knoppix says to use debian alien.
I have the Sagem instal notes but can't make it work.
I have also downloaded BitDefender anti-virus for Linux, but cannot install that either, always get the 'alien' message.
Solving this would clearly help a lot of people. Can someone please give us the command/options for a clean install.
I thank you in advance.
Edit:- 21-May-2004
Sagem have told me that their Linux driver fast800.2.0.7_fr
is only for redhat, mandrak and suse![]()
I am inthe same situation but am about to use Eagl-usb driver. You might want to give it a go. I will let you know how I get on. Watch this space.
divali.
Like others I am a complete newcomer to the world of Knoppix. However I have been able to successfully get the Sagem 800 ADSL modem to connect to Tiscali in the UK. I did it by using the download file and instructions on the Sagem site referenced in another note.
My problem now is that following the instructions although I can get it working one time at installation time, even though I then save the My Configuration file, it is not actually working for the next time that I login. It does save my account and password details. I guess that I am missing a very important step! Can someone help me here please??
The main Sagem steps in the instructions are to download a "tar" file, and then unpack it to a temp directory. Then to change directory eagle-usb/ .. followed by "ll"
Next steps are application of a patch, automatic configuration, make, make install, eagleconfig and finally startadsl.
I am nearly there! Where am I going wrong?
Hi I'm there with you all trying to connect to tiscali via the sagem 800 modem with little success so far.I've tried all sorts of things including eagle-usb and managed to wipe off my mandrake linux install. Now I have win xp to connect to tiscali broadband so I can get online that way.I also have knoppix live cd which boots fine but no matter how I try to configure Kppp I just cannot make my connection to the net and tiscali broadband.I would love to run on knoppix version of linux but if I cannot access net then I'm doing something wrong or something is missing.I would be eternally grateful if some kind person out there could help me in a way I can understand as I don't know about root terminals and bios or any of those things!
Is this a case of the blind leading the blind??
Hi All my connection problems are now resolved thanks to Mandriva.com club and forums
I would point any one with this same problem to the advice of rolfp and others.
The forums are free to browse as a visitor.
Worked great for me but I cannot explain any better than them!
Good luck to all![]()

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Digital Equipment DEC RT101 PS/2 Vintage Keyboard Tested
$24.95
Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00
Vintage Digital Research Concurrent DOS 386 multi-user operating System software
$100.00
Microsoft Windows 98 Keyboard Unused Condition New With Original Box Vintage
$59.99
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99