-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: eagle-usb/modem driver

Originally Posted by
divali
Harry, Ok, Now we know that.....
Sorry, I don' think I can be of any help here. I took excepion with the "can't install any programs in Knoppix" statement. But installing drivers for a device, particularly a USB device, may be a bit harder. I don't know if it's going to be able to be done or not. I personally avoid USB networking. I have tried it, and both common sense (based on a knowledge of USB and networking) and experience tells me that it is a Bad Idea™. Back when I got my high speed connection six years ago I refused to accept either a USB device or a dsl card that installed right in a PCI slot and needed a special windows driver. My stubborness and the fighting I had to do with the customer service people paid off; I was able to add an ethernet router to my system and have had very little networking related problems over the years. At first Knoppix refused to recognize my wireless cards, I simply didn't use wireless and tried each new release with my cards until fnally 3.8 recognized one and I could connect wirelessly. Perhaps I could have made ndiswrapper work before that, but it wasn't a priority issue for me.
3.7 pre-dates the union file system, so that limits install options a good deal (and of course I'm talking about Knoppix from CD or DVD here, if you think Knoppix should be installed to hard disk then we just have different religious views too diverse to find points of agreement). I would suggest making sure that the hardware matched the real world and didn't need special drivers that lock you into windows, and then using 4.0.2 of Knoppix. I wish you luck getting what you have working, but I can't provide any insight on how to do that.
Similar Threads
-
By beloncio in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 01:01 PM
-
By Peur2Rien in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 03:13 PM
-
By DanBallance in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By papadelta in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
-
By jamesgf in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL SOLID STATE DRIVE
$189.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99