-
Senior Member
registered user
Cannot access FLOPPY
Hello all.....I have not been able to use my floppy drive since my last installation of Knoppix. I didnt do anything different as far as I know. I cannot mount it, cause i get an error. I checked a few config files that were suggested and tried different lines but it is no use. If i put a floppy in drive and try to open it, it seems to show that it is open but nothing is on disk. I compared config files to my desktop, which has a perfectly operating mountable floppy drive and the files are the SAME! What am i missing here? Is there some other way to check the floppy? I have resorted to copying things from writable cd's. Its a waste of a cd most of the time if all i want to do is copy a wallpaper or some thing little so i usually just dont add anything unless i have to. I have tried creating another floppy icon for desktop, but it behaves the same way and is not mountable. The mount option is there when you right click but it comes back with the same error. My CD rom seems to work all the time just right. And I can access the HDD no prob. Just that miserable floppy!!!!! If anyone can make any more suggestions that would be great...bob
Similar Threads
-
By outsider in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
-
By Dan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 09:14 PM
-
By SkyHawk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-14-2004, 04:40 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Callick in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-25-2003, 09:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Precision 7670 i7-12850HX 2.1GHz 32GB 1TB NVMe 16" A1000 Win 11 Pro: Good
$649.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00