-
Senior Member
registered user
Beating a dead horse (apt-get source list) Questions
Ok, I have been seriously trying to get my source.list down to an acceptable listing, I have installed apt-spy, and gone through the "north-america" area, on "stable", "unstable", and "testing" - getting the best benchmarks on the sites...
Funny thing is that for all three of these distributions, I come up with a single site to go after...
Now the questions:
(1) Should I be going after all three of these in my source list? (or should I just go after a single one?)
(2) I am guessing I want to do a "apt-get update" before I make the source.list changes, and should "probably" do one AFTER I make the changes, am I missing something???
(3) I am interested in finding out "exactly" where this site that has come up with higher through-put is actually at... Where would I go to find out where a site is at??? The site that had the best benchmark was ftp.egr.msu.edu -=- I am guessing that this is a Univeristy, signified by the msU, and that it fits with the "edu" for an EDUcational facility... I recall that someplace had a listing of "apt-get" sites, times and days and requirements for the site access, etc... But, apt-get.com doesn't appear to be it...
Any help, and I think I can put the beaten to death horse (apt-get) into the grave (finally)...
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Rick G. in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 06:03 AM
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By castrol in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

LOT OF 50 RAM STICKS-Mixed Brand 8GB 1Rx8 DDR4-2400 (8GBX50=400GB TOTAL)
$1450.00

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00