-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok,
Lets say I stick with my "default" sources.list, and scrub the site I found with apt-spy... Assumption is, that the site that I appear to be getting my packages, and updates, from, I think it has been something like this: ftp2.debian.de.xxxxxxxxxx -=- is giving me all the packages that are available.
I have been (trying) to get everything I "used to have" before I had to re-install, back, and I have been having a major problem finding one game... The title for this game was "Rocks and Diamonds", or a variation of this with a "n" instead of "and", I can't find it... I've done apt-cache search for anything, and scrolled through tons of screenfulls trying to find it. My assumption was, my old sources.list was pointing to a site that had it, and now, with this "unchanged" sources.list, I am not.
How does one search a "package" for what "files" are found in it??? Worse yet, apt-cache search appears to not (usually) care what you enter to search for, and returns packages that don't have anything to do with the search you asked for.
From a person with a long standing "Windows" background, this whole "apt-get" thing, is completely foriegn to me, I just don't get it. It (mostly) works, but, like I have found out, the "upgrade" has gotten me into more trouble than anything I could have ever done in "Windows".
I did find "xdigger", which is close to what I am looking for, but it is not the Rocks and Diamonds that I remember I had installed before the re-install.
Thanks for any, and all, assistance,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Rick G. in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-05-2005, 06:03 AM
-
By fabiand in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By wrangler in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By castrol in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 08:40 AM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-21-2003, 09:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00