Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: text mode or "X"

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    36

    text mode or "X"

    I'd like to be able to deside whether I want to start "X" or just text mode without having to go to KDM .
    What configuration file do I have to edit
    I can probably figure it out from there if not I can always ask again

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: text mode or "X"

    Quote Originally Posted by dougvega
    I'd like to be able to deside whether I want to start "X" or just text mode without having to go to KDM .
    What configuration file do I have to edit
    I can probably figure it out from there if not I can always ask again
    You can just apt-get --purge remove kdm then you will boot to a console login every time or if you just want to remove the startup links then as root use update-rc.d -f kdm remove will remove all the links in the /etc/rc[0-6].d/ directories that are used by kdm during startup and shutdown. Note: The next time the kdm package is upgraded the links will be recreated unless you go and remove all but one of them in the directories by hand then the kdm install script that runs update-rc.d will leave it as you have configured it.

Similar Threads

  1. "text" icon on desktop won't delete
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 11:40 AM
  2. How can I get in "Stand by Mode" in linux?
    By OP4Latino in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
  3. Create "My Computer" in KDE (easy mode)
    By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
  4. hd install:difference between "knoppix-mode" &
    By violinist in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 06:14 PM
  5. (Video) "Mode not supported"
    By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$18.95



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE picture

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE

$65.00