Quote Originally Posted by OErjan
sorry no. dd will make a 100% copy of the errors aswell... there are not many programs able to reliably recover those data, atleast not below 5k euro, and then not 100%gaurantee, sorry.
Copying the errors would be okay i guess, i have other (Windows- and DOS based) programs that may be able to recover some lost data.
As long as DD does not freak over bad clusters and such, i would be very, VERY happy.

hmm, where did my earlyer reply go?? oh well.
I think it's got eaten by the moof-monster.

Oh, almost forgot, was i correct in assuming that the primary slave is /dev/hdb and the secondary master is /dev/hdc?

I am very nervous about trying anyting now, i have tried other things and it didn't work. I am so afraid of losing what's left of my data, i can hardly think straight....