-
Upgraded to Debian unstable, wpc11 doesnt work
I just installed Knoppix and then upgraded to Debian unstable. Now that I've upgraded the wpc11 card doesnt initilize.
I've only removed locales because of a conflict.
Any ideas why this is occuring. The results of cardctl staus is
Socket 0:
No Card
Socket 1:
5v 16-bit PC Card
function 0: [ready]
Thanks for the help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
If you have recently did an upgrade, you may have to downgrade the pcmcia package or find the old pcmcia config file and replace the new one with the old one in /etc/pcmcia. I have the same card and I'm aware of the pcmcia package changing the original scripts that came with knoppix. The new hotplug package also seems to be faulty so I downgraded that one to stable, with works without a problem.
-
Durand, thanks so much!
That fixed it. What I did was restore the old config and the old cofig.opts from the backup that was created. Then rebooted and wpc11 came right up. My only dislike is that it shows up as eth0 rather than wlan0 but that isnt as important as getting the card init in the first place.
Thanks for your help.
Oh, by the way removed the unstable hotplug installed the testing hotplug no problems.
Thanks again.
Similar Threads
-
By Hydralisk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 44
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By ZeroKun in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 05:17 AM
-
By RemasteringNoob in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 02:26 AM
-
By audioaficionado in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99