-
Junior Member
registered user
find the linux version of applications.
Like most people, I am came from M$ Windows world so I have to find linux equivalent of many software
I find this site very interesting and useful:
http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-l...en/table.shtml
It lists windows software and their linux's equivalent.
With apt-get, installing any software is a breeze on knoppix (debian)
Also, I recommend people support debian's popularity-contest. It will benefit the linux community as a whole.
http://popcon.debian.org/
Code:
apt-get install popcon
Similar Threads
-
By SpankySTD in forum The Lounge
Replies: 20
Last Post: 06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
-
By aykuty in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 07:16 AM
-
By marcus in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 10:54 AM
-
By garyng in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:34 AM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

15x Vintage ISA Controller Card Lot IDE MFM RLL Floppy I/O 8-Bit 16-Bit PC XT AT
$149.95

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage FCRTM 34T778231G01 / 34T778233-A Card for IBM PC
$99.99

Vintage IBM Parallel Card / PC Board 6347751
$99.99

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00