-
Junior Member
registered user
Problem with Knoppix Terminal Server using file, not CD.
Knoppix Terminal Server - why do some version of Knoppix not work?
I am using the KTS on a HD install of Knoppix.
I've found that the 7/25/03 version works if I either mount the physical CD under /cdrom (so that I get /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX being the 700M+ file) or if I copy the 700M+ file to /cdrom/KNOPPIX. So far, so good.
However, with the 11/19/03 version, it only works with the physical CD. If I put the file there (on the hard disk), I get the following error message (on the client machine - after it has NFS mounted and found /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX):
cloop: Initializing cloop v1.02
cloop: /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 29973 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 0 bytes
cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 0
/modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: ...
(and then a few more error message leading up to: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.)
As I said, the really funny thing is that this works with the physical CD mounted, but fails with a file. And, as noted, it works either way, with the 7/25/03 version.
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By glug in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 01:52 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2005, 09:01 AM
-
By globaltekit in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By steve2004 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-26-2004, 12:21 PM
-
By IsaacKuo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50