Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: no line drawing in KSpread?

  1. #1

    no line drawing in KSpread?

    Am new to Linux and just installed Knoppix 3.3 with no problems but the most important program I use is the spread sheet and I cannot find a line drawing option similar to Excel. Can anyone advise. Thanks in advance.
    John

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    John,

    I have used Excel, both versions 97, and 2000, and now, with Knoppix, KSpread - I have not found any "noticeable" differances between them, from the extent of my usage, and knowledge, of Excel.

    Line drawing? Never knew of it, I always used the Format -> Cell Format -> Borders - it allows changing line widths, colors, and line types (dotted, or simple)... It even has, under Format -> Cell Format -> Background - which allows you to change the background color, or shading, of cells...

    Now, if you are talking about Word, used both 97 and 2000, of that in the MS Windows World, as well, which Knoppix has KWord, it allows "Drawing Lines", and making "Tables"...

    I have not tried "all" of the programs that come with "MS Office Suite", versions 97 or 2000, but the ones I have been "intimate" with, it appears that "Knoppix's Office" programs, are close to "exact" with the MS Office Suite ones.

    If this doesn't resolve your question, please explain "how you make 'lines' in Excel", and I will try and follow along -=- I have a old system still running Win98, and it has Office Suite 2000 on it, and I can duplicate your issue on it, and then work on my "Main System" that has Knoppix on it, for a resolve

    Hope this helps, John,
    Cuddles

  3. #3

    Kspread

    Hi Cuddles
    In Excel 2000 there is a drawing tool bar (go to view-toolbars-then check the drawing box). The line drawing tool is the small line on an angle next to the auto shapes. This can be used to draw lines on any angle and can be edited for line thickness etc. This does not appear to be available in Kspread.
    Thanks for your reply
    John

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Hey John,

    Your right

    I opened up Excel 2000 and found your line drawing tool - funny, never knew it was there, nor have I ever used it - I always tended to use the "border" tool for cells...

    AND - your right, I can't seem to find the "same" tool in KSpread - don't know if they knew about the "tool" and just didn't include it, or if, like me, never realized it was there in the first place...

    Hmmmmm, considering that "open office" is maintained by another, you might want to hit up "thier" site, and see if either a newer version exists with the tool, or if they know of the tool missing... They might like to be notified that "something" may have been overlooked from an "Open Source" version of the Microsoft product...

    Sorry I couldn't help out here, I so wanted to find the answer on this one...
    Cuddles

  5. #5
    Thanks anyway Cuddles. Will do as you suggest. Thanks again
    John

Similar Threads

  1. No Line-in Recording (3.5 HDD)
    By MrT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 07:43 AM
  2. HPDJ940C printing in KSpread (bad prints)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
  3. Bring up KDE from command line
    By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 05:57 PM
  4. command line WOES
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 11:10 PM
  5. Off-line LEXiTRON
    By Sucker in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 06:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY picture

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY

$94.99



Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished picture

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished

$44.99



COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4 picture

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4

$169.95



Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151

$39.99



Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU picture

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU

$39.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339 picture

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339

$39.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2 picture

i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2

$599.99