-
update-menus not working
Does anyone know why a lot of my programs don't show in the menus?
I already did "ln -s /etc/kde3/debian/kdm-update-menu.sh /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu" to get rid of:
root@fujibox:/# update-menus
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu: No such file or directory
I also removed a couple of extra spaces from /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps
and /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs to get rid of 8 lines of errors.
Also I did a reinstall of the "menu" package.
Now when I run it, it doesn't add programs to the menu, instead it puts ones I added by hand into Lost & Found
The menu package is: menu 2.1.10-1
There must be something I'm missing here???
-
Let's try a different approach
Some time ago I remember doing a choise when the menu system got upgraded and chose Debian style menus. Now this possibly put the nice "Debian" folder on top of the "All Applications" list on the menu, with all the nice icons and shortcuts in it that I'd want to have in my Knoppix menu.
The question is, is there any way to undo the Debian style menus selection to remove the Debian folder and get all the icons to go under the Knoppix folders?
Similar Threads
-
By Cardador in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
-
By zlibre in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By montagne57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Intel S2600TP 4-Node 64 Core Server 8x Xeon E5-2620 v4, 256GB DDR4 RAM, 2x 1600W
$1785.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00