-
update-menus not working
Does anyone know why a lot of my programs don't show in the menus?
I already did "ln -s /etc/kde3/debian/kdm-update-menu.sh /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu" to get rid of:
root@fujibox:/# update-menus
sh: line 1: /usr/bin/kdm-update-menu: No such file or directory
I also removed a couple of extra spaces from /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-apps
and /etc/menu-methods/freedesktop-desktop-entry-spec-dirs to get rid of 8 lines of errors.
Also I did a reinstall of the "menu" package.
Now when I run it, it doesn't add programs to the menu, instead it puts ones I added by hand into Lost & Found
The menu package is: menu 2.1.10-1
There must be something I'm missing here???
-
Let's try a different approach
Some time ago I remember doing a choise when the menu system got upgraded and chose Debian style menus. Now this possibly put the nice "Debian" folder on top of the "All Applications" list on the menu, with all the nice icons and shortcuts in it that I'd want to have in my Knoppix menu.
The question is, is there any way to undo the Debian style menus selection to remove the Debian folder and get all the icons to go under the Knoppix folders?
Similar Threads
-
By Cardador in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By tommydl in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 07:57 PM
-
By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-21-2004, 07:11 PM
-
By zlibre in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2004, 08:49 PM
-
By montagne57 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 11:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper JNP-FAN-2RU Fan Tray MX304 Router Open Box DFPC0880B2GY017
$650.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$71.87

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99