-
Can't restore configuration from hd or floppy
Theres a utility in the knoppix menu that saves configuration files to disk.
I have tried brand new floppy disks, in both formats, saving to these and also saving configuration files to hdc1, which is fat32.
I can see the config.tbz file within windows and its really frustrating when the configuration utility says everytime that its successfully written the files, and tells me exactly what to type at boot prompt to restore.
I type these things in at the blue boot screen (of course not both at once), and I get:
Checking /mnt/auto/floppy for knoppix configuration filesystem
Filesystem not detected, trying to mount /dev/auto
/dev/auto: no such file or directory
Mount failed, retry [Y/n]
This is really really frustrating. I've even viewed the contents of config.tbz in windows with winrar and it lists alot of files. I can't understand it.
My floppy drive works, I have taken screenshots in knoppix, saved them to disk and retrieved the files within windows.
Needless to say its absolutely pointless me having to go through configuring my modem and clock and keyboard and desktop to make it useful to me every time I boot.
I'm a newbie to linux and this is really putting me off
Please someone help
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 02:48 PM
-
By maverick in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By mechanical_messiah in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
-
By Mr. Bird Poo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:39 PM
-
By Loper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 02:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$10.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.75