-
Senior Member
registered user
I AM SENSORED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, almost. I apt getted bison, so the i2c and lm sensor installs went without incident for the first time ever
. I have reached a point where it tells me what modules will need to be loaded and to try them out manually. YES, it works when I modprobe the appropiate ones, grellkm sees my sensors (this is an ecs mobo so they are screwed, but they are in MBM in doze too so I know what I am dealing with) however....
where it wants me to load the modules from on every boot, doesn't seem to exist, this is it, I quote
To load everything that is needed, add this to some /etc/rc* file:
# I2C adapter drivers
modprobe i2c-sis645
modprobe i2c-isa
# I2C chip drivers
modprobe eeprom
modprobe sis5595
modprobe it87
# sleep 2 # optional
/usr/local/bin/sensors -s # recommended
"some" /etc/rc* file" aaaaaaaaaargh there is no rc anything FILE under etc. I have several folders such as RC0.d thru RC6.d that contain individual shell scripts and even an RCS.d with scripts. Anybody got any ideas? I am so close I can taste it. I have seen the promised land. Hell, if I had to I could load them manually when I wanted to take a peek, better than booting back to windows or rebooting into even BIOS to see the temps. But I know I am close. Please help.
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72