-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I won't find out what happens to a kernel compiled mistakenly under root, the compile failed around bttv (more lm sensor, or actually i2c joy
) which frankly I didn't think I even had enabled in the config.
Eco, please dink away at this, your input is much appreciated. I will take the 2.4.25-1 kernel under consideration, I have been trying all 3 methods of lm sensor installing (or rather i2c because I think that is where the prob lies): 1. outside of kernel but compiled against a "pure" 2.4.24-xfs running. 2. semi-patch of kernel tree and 3. running the mkpatch and then compiling the whole dang thing over with the newly patch i2c modules. Abysmal failure.
Under no conditions have I ever had /etc/modutils/local which sensors dectect always tells me to edit to add alias char-major- 89 i2c-dev. I have checked several debian lm-sensor documentation and indeed there shold be a /etc/modutils/local <sniffle>
Where I am probably going wrong is it does say to use a vanilla and not a patched kernel no matter what method. I have been using 2.4.24-xfs for the xfs as something or another hadn't made it into unstable yet at the time this knoppix was mastered.
Cuddles, or anyone with a successful lm- sensors going, could you tell me the result of uname -r? I can't believe anymore that it is possible against a 2.4.24-xfs.anything. Once I can get the modules going properly, I don't care about which front-end, I have at times had ksensors going (they are working fine for fans and proc numbers) but don't have any preference.
I just don't know why I keep pounding away at this rather than switching distros. Or waiting for 3.4 which may have the newer i2c (2.8 whatever) already. Stubborn, I guess
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$372.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

SGIN 15.6" Laptop 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Win 11 Intel i3-10100Y Backlit Keyboard FHD
$335.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

Apple iPad Pro 12.9" 5th Gen 128GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Wi-Fi Or Cellular - Good
$489.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

NEW 2026 SGIN 18.5" Laptop Windows 11 PRO Intel N5095 16GB DDR4 1024GB SSD
$444.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98