-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmmmmm Nishtya.
Twelve step programs now 
I am not sure if I should offer you a "drink", or hand you a "diploma" 
From what I have heard, a "twelve step program" is used for recovering alcoholics, and even less sure if this same kind of "program" is used for "higher" education...
Lets find out...
"Grasshopper, when you can snatch the pebble from my hand, or walk on rice paper without leaving footprints, then it is time for you to go..."
Sorry, I used to watch a "lot" of TV when I was younger, that was from "Kung Fu"...
Not sure if you ever posted what error messages you are getting? Can you post them, copy/paste them into a post... I did get a lot of "funny" dialog during my install, but not knowing if it was "good" or "bad", I just kept going... Could this also be the issue??? In other words, doing a "make" can you do the next step in the process, or does the next process fail due to "xxxxxx" is missing???
Having compiled my own programs -=- in the M$ Windows world -=- you compile source to get "object" code, which is then "linked" with module code and libraries... If, when you compile, you get .obj code file, you then would assume "warnings" and not "errors", and go to the "link" process next (this being from a compile example in Windows, it may not be the same in Linux)
Whenever doing source code in Linux, I have always gone on the "assumption" that if the last couple of lines don't say something like: "Fatal Error, object file not created !" -=- that I have gone on to the next step, again, this may not be the same thing in Linux... I have gotten "W"'s in an "apt-get", and always assumed they were warnings, not errors. As long as the end result works, it may just be "Too Much Information", which apt-get tends to do a lot.
I have to admit one thing, I've not gone as far as you have as far as compiling source, my WinModem was as tough as I could go, the lm-sensors source, was more "follow these steps", and even though I didn't have a clue what I was doing, it just worked. Funny thing about Linux, what is easy one place, can be horrific another. (I guess its just the nature of the beast)
Good Luck, if you need anymore assistance, I'll be around (watching) and "praying" for your success 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Dell PowerVault MD3000i AMP01 Storage Array 4x Cad 2x PSUs No HDDs/Controllers
$164.95