pleased to "meet you", Champagne. Thanks for the encouragement though I probably will put it away for now. I have been kernel-compiling because in the lm sensors faqs & readme's they give 3 (sometimes only 2,) methods of installing. Two (or 1) of them requires compiling the modules into a new kernel (preferably an unpatched virginal vanilla one
) before configuring and installing it. I have seen how it does provide options under i2c & hw sensors in menuconfig that are not there until using running their mkpatch. That was the why to kernel-compiling. Still no lm-sensors, but I have learned a LOT about compiling kernels. Obviously not enough, though, and I will be needing a reinstall of knoppix soon, am having trouble removing all the castaway kernels with dpkg because of the third party modules built into them. My old kernel is still running and working but I feel bloated <burp>
![]()
However...Your idea about is intriguing. hmmmmm.... nope I know when I am licked![]()


Reply With Quote










