-
Senior Member
registered user
Rob, meant nothing disparaging about Kanotix, was more a compliment to Knoppix, which now holds a nostalgic appeal for me that I will never lose. It is a maternal thing, maybe, I dunno
Bringing up all those kernels.
On kanotix I fixed up the kppp problem by removing noauth - starting kppp from terminal I could see I was erroring out and pppd dying because noauth could only be used by root (it worked fine in knoppix, older KDE though). Oddly, now I can use noauth - something in one of Kano's scripts I ran later must have fixed what was originally wasn't right.
ALSA has defeated me here as well. Have the "user volume isn't stored, or is it not restored? after next login" problem. Ready to take alsa on a long walk off a short pier. Worked on that into 2am and it finally let out some smoke-alarm noise that I am sure woke the neighbors - stopped after a reboot and of course I am back to user's master muted again aaaaaaaaargh. Yes, have run Kano's alsa fix script repeatedly but the settings are lost again next login. I hatez alsa and unlike lm-sensors, I don't need it. Was quite adequately served by OSS. Debating whether to try and rip it out or do a new install without it.
Back on topic, lm-sensors, you ask? Nope. i2c was installing quite nicely then ended with error 127, bison missing with a possibly broken pipe.
You don't want to know your bison isn't there at 3am, trust me. I trudged on anyhow through to lm-sensors to see what there might be down the road. And I can actually load the modules this time - modprobe will get them going, they are found and will load. I just need to get bison tonight and maybe I can get the whole shebang in there and working.
Eco, thanks for the CD burning offer. May take you up on it sometime. Or maybe I should try out the man community 10 I have here this weekend. Should check the pkg list and see if it had lm sensors in there. I know the 2.6 kernel does have the newer i2c and only needs lm sensors.
Nish - off to work on 2.5 hrs sleep
Similar Threads
-
By jjmac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:34 AM
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By champagnemojo in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 12:50 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97