-
Senior Member
registered user
Changing Lilo Menu
Hello....Is it possible to change the LILO boot menu to something else? I have found a few nice .BMP samples here: /usr/share/lilo/contrib There are some nice menu screens in .BMP format. Is there a way to edit the lilo.conf file to display one of these files instead of the stock one I have?
The lilo.conf file does make reference to a "menu.b" which i assume is what it is using now. The line is: Install=/boot/boot-menu.b
I replaced the menu.b with "sarge.bmp" but when I re booted, the lilo boot screen was skipped and a text logon came up. So obviously my path is wrong but I dont know how to fix cause I don't know where "menu.b" is! thanks! bob
-
Bob58
Your pretty close.
Change the line that reads install=/boot/boot-menu.b to install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
then add the following lines
bitmap=/usr/share/lilo/contrib/debianlilo.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0;9,,0
bmp-table=106p,144p,2,9,144p
bmp-timer=514p,144p,6,8,0
exit and save the new lilo.conf file
at command line type lilo
that will give you the debianlilo.bmp screen at boot up. If you want the other ones, you will just have to change positions of the menu on the bmp-table line.
I just kept the debianlilo.bmp screen and am happy with it. I plan on adding my own bmp image someday when I have nothing better to do! Ha, Ha
GainesTR
-
Junior Member
registered user
here's the map for the debian bmps.
open the file /etc/lilo.conf
change the line "install=/boot/boot-menu.b"
install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
bitmap=/boot/sarge.bmp
bmp-colors=1,,0,2,,0
bmp-table=120p,173p,1,15,17
bmp-timer=254p,432p,1,0,0
run $:
lilo
Similar Threads
-
By MethodMan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 06:07 PM
-
By master_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By Dvorkin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By Wind_Walker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 12:29 AM
-
By averylowiq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Vacuum/Air Duster Super Power Mini Car Vacuum Cleaner 4-in-1 air Blower Gun
$64.35

BOC Edwards EXT70 B722-05-000 G1946-80002 Turbomolecular Vacuum Pump ISO63
$100.00

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$106.14

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99