My system will boot Koppix fine with only one error during startup(about the i810 chipset-I have and i815). It gets all the way to into KDE (or iceWM it doesn't matter) and the system hard locks--Ctrl-Alt-Delt doesn't even work!
The CD works on other computers-I burned several and they all work elsewhere. It did work the first time I ran it, but now it won't.
I have reletively basic hardware Asus 815ep board, radeon 64M vivo [agp}, SB live value [pci 3] (with pnp off to detect), a 10/100 ovislink nic [pci 5], and a 10/100/1000 nec? nic [pci 1]. The modem/dsl is external. The set-up works OK with windows (same bios settings) There has to be some conflict in assigning IRQ/DMA that Knoppix can't handle--
Am I missing something in my BIOS setup, cards, etc?
thanks

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99