-
How's yer patience?
I can tell you this, I've got a similar system (133, 48MB RAM). Knoppix is going to be SLOW!!! You may want to go investigate Damn Small Linux http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/ or as recently recommended to me Flonix http://www.flonix.com/ I've not as of yet used Flonix so I can't say too much about it. DSL is pretty cool though not as cool as Knoppix 
Just for the record, though, your BIOS (sometimes erroneously referred to as CMOS) is not part of the OS. It's part of the motherboard. The BIOS is usually accessed by pressing F1, F2, or DEL. It's different between manufacturers. You can usually change your boot order somewhere in there. But again, I've a similar system and it won't allow the CD ROM as a boot device. You'll have to make a boot floppy.
I think, if memory serves, there's a program you use from Windows called rawrite2.exe and a boot.img in the /KNOPPIX folder on the CD. I didn't make my boot floppy that way as I used another PC booted to Knoppix. I think, and I'm guessing here, if you copy both items to a folder, navigate to that folder from a command prompt, and do "rawrite2 boot.img a:" without the quotes it should work. I could be mistaken though.
Lemme know how it goes,
'Goon
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 12:02 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By lavaman094 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 06:49 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 03:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99