-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix on Fujitsu P2120 laptop
Hi,
Knoppix newbie questrion:
I tried to install Knoppix on my P2120. In order to make it run I need to use 'knoppix ide0=ata66 ide1=ata66 pci=bios screen=1280x768' . This laptop has Ali chipset so it hangs on IDE detection without additional parameters. After successfull hd installation (at least I went thru all steps till LILO was installed), I cannot boot because additional parameters were not appedned in LILO. When I boot from CD again I cannot modify lilo.conf on /dev/hda1, why?
Mariusz
-
Two possible reasons:
1) The Knoppix Live CD mounts your hard drive as read only by default. You have to unmount it, change the permissions, then remount it.
2) The file may require root permission to access it.
You can run programs as root in Knoppix by starting a Konsole shell session and typing sudo before your command.
Example:
Code:
sudo kate /etc/lilo.conf
Hope this helps!
Similar Threads
-
By pnoori in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 08:59 AM
-
By dirty30ex in forum Laptops
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 01:05 PM
-
By |Show| in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-05-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By twyatt4321 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00