Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: iwconfig eth0 mode Master

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Alameda, CA
    Posts
    1

    iwconfig eth0 mode Master

    Does not seem to work on my system with either a Senao card or an SMC card. Infact the only two modes that my 3.3 version of Knoppix recognizes are ad-hoc and managed.

    I would like to use this machine for sharing my network connection wirelessly. I have the system booting from CD and floppy so that I can save a knoppix.sh to set the config to whatever I want, but I can't get the card to come up in a sharing mode. I am trying to avoid using Ad-hoc so I can easily switch from the test PC setup and a working wireless network.

    -Randy

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    42
    Your Senao card is probably a Prism2.5 and to put that into Master mode you would need the hostap driver. This would cause your card to act like an AP. I'm not sure if that is what you want, but Knoppix 3.3 doesn't have the hostap driver.

Similar Threads

  1. Add opera to re-master with kpackage??????
    By lilsirecho in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 04:51 AM
  2. No space left on device when setup iwconfig
    By duke_ly in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 02:54 AM
  3. DWL510G iwconfig
    By GaTk in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 10:09 PM
  4. wlan config fail ... iwconfig ...
    By sirzion in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:23 AM
  5. Doing a re-master from a CD ?
    By Flying2Eagles in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND SSD MZ-76E2T0 94-100% Health

$207.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor

$41.00



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung PM43H 43

Samsung PM43H 43" Commercial Display READ

$300.00