hmmm, i have via rihne II and that works "right out of box", hmmm.
knoppix nosmp is the thing i have to type (diferent motherboard i guess).
the nosmp is NOT network related
My hard disk broke down... so I downloaded the latest version of Knoppix Linux... everything is ok... but my onboard Via Rhine-II NIC doesn't work, I tryed everything that I've seen on this forum.
knoppix pci=bios no{apic}
knoppix pci=biosirq
None work...![]()
hmmm, i have via rihne II and that works "right out of box", hmmm.
knoppix nosmp is the thing i have to type (diferent motherboard i guess).
the nosmp is NOT network related
I've got it!
![]()
I've disabled the APIC function from the BIOS and on startup I typed knoppix pci=biosirq.
Now my NIC is on IRQ 11 and it's working fine...
Until I can buy a new hard disk I'll use my network friends disk's![]()
Linux Knoppix 3.3 latest is working perfectly now![]()
Ur dooing a fine job with this Live-on-cd Linux!
yes indeed, i love what they have made with these CD's.

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell R740 Server Diskless Config 2x Silver 4110 &1100W AC P/S 3 Riser No RAM/HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99