Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: knoppix as router / dial on demand

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    knoppix as router / dial on demand

    Hi there

    I've set up a knoppix box as a router for the rest of my lan and there's only one simple thing I am missing: dial on demand. I haven't found a post about this issue, perhaps I my search terms were incorrect - please help me out with a link if so.

    Connecting and surfing all works fine, as I am posting this over my knoppix box, but the dialing only works for the first time, afterwards I have to do it manually. I configured my ISDN Card using the offered "Red Hat ISDN config" and selected to dial automaticly but it doesn't. I guess the mistake is somewhere in the routing table as I first setup
    "route add default ippp0"
    but after connecting it changes to the IP my ISP provides me with (which seems ok to me) but it doesn't change back. Is this the fault in my configuration, and if so how can I correct it?
    Or is it somewhere else?

    Any hints appreciated

    Thank you very much for taking your time!

    felix

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Hei

    Have you tried using isdnctrl to check your isdn status/setup?

    I have spent a lot of time looking for isdn answers at various times, and seem to remember that isdnctrl was a useful tool for setting up isdn manually, and in connection with kppp.

    I'm running on Suse at present & don't have access to 'isdn-config', but I'll check out DOD when I login to Debian/knoppix later. Bundling works a charm with it, if ever you need that.

    btw the isdn-config docs don't recommend use of DOD without keeping a very close eye on your logs, if you are in a network. Things like netbios can trigger calls apparently.

    regards

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Ok, now logged in on Knoppix.

    DOD works fine for me when I set 'auto' in isdn-config, start kmail, for example, and/or Opera 7.50-P3 with auto check of mail on startup, and bingo isdn connection is made.

    However, neither logging off kmail drops the connection, nor does exiting Opera!

    Had to use isdnctrl hangup ipp0 - that stopped it, but then its hardly Auto is it...

    regards

Similar Threads

  1. dial-up broken in Knoppix 3.7?
    By jjjrrr3 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 04:46 AM
  2. dial on demand with asking user first
    By probono in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 05:58 AM
  3. On-demand ISO
    By convert in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 02:01 AM
  4. dial on demand router for analog
    By oni-neko in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 04:42 PM
  5. Dial PPP support with kNOPPIX
    By CWGCWG in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2003, 03:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 3.40GHz Socket AM4 CPU 32MB L3 Cache picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 3.40GHz Socket AM4 CPU 32MB L3 Cache

$174.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT picture

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT

$129.95



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



Dell Latitude 5420 14

Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY

$276.35



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00