Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I have installed knoppix 3.3 to my harddisc.But cdrom and fl

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5

    I have installed knoppix 3.3 to my harddisc.But cdrom and fl

    Hi!
    I have installed knoppix 3.3 to my harddisc but unfortunately cdrom and floppy disc doesn function.
    Error messega:No cdrom or floopy files found in mentioned location.

    How can i solve the problem?

    I have second mouse ps/2 but it can not function.
    PS.I have omnibook xt 1500

    Thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Can you mount your drives by hand? Put a disc in each drive and as root issue:

    mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom
    mount /dev/fd0 /floppy

    I have heard about many failures when tryng to mount drives w/ the icons on the KDE desktop. If you can mount them by hand then you probably just need to fix some symlinks or perhaps /etc/fstab. Sorry I'm not much help there- KDE is much to big and cumbersome to use IMHO.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    doh! almost forgot! You can use 2 mice on a laptop and I even have an XF86Config-4 for you to reference here

Similar Threads

  1. I've got Knoppix installed on HD, but...
    By guicaste in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 01:30 AM
  2. how can I get in the hd-installed Knoppix?
    By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 08:50 AM
  3. what happens when knoppix is hdd installed
    By waynejkruse10 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 10:25 PM
  4. just installed knoppix to HDD and......
    By blahblahblah in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 03:35 AM
  5. knoppix cdrom boot fails on some cdrom players
    By Koga in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Yealink SIP-T48S Ultra-Elegant Gigabit IP Phone 16-Line 7in VoIP Phone  picture

Yealink SIP-T48S Ultra-Elegant Gigabit IP Phone 16-Line 7in VoIP Phone

$89.00



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



YEALINK  W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR picture

YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR

$50.00