Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

    In my /home directory I found a file called .xsession-errors which had filled all of my free space up! - your talking GB! I deleted it and it's slowly filling again. I can only assume that it's been filling for months. At the moment, the most common entry is:-

    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )

    But there are others.....

    Should I be particularly worried about this? - is it normal to have 'random' errors appear in this file?

    Not only this, but I've started to take notice of the amount of disk space I have available and I'm convinced I've lost a load. Maybe I have a problem HD? I think I might boot from the live CD and run 'fsck'....

    Bad day!

    Stu.....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6
    You shouldn't worry. I delete that file all the time. Mine fills up when KDE crashes. And still everything works file so delete away...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Free Space using Partimage
    By hroush in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
  2. Free Space Help
    By wiccaan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
  3. Common "active" partitions free space?
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Many Errors at .xsession-errors file ...
    By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
  5. Changing free space
    By Skidmark in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5

Lot of 2 Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST2000NM0023 2TB 7200RPM SAS 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD

$34.99



Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408

$354.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD

$199.00



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99



Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$159.99



Hitachi  / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD

$29.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED picture

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED

$34.95



Western Digital WD 3.5

Western Digital WD 3.5" Western Digital Red 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD - Works great

$79.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$84.00