Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

    In my /home directory I found a file called .xsession-errors which had filled all of my free space up! - your talking GB! I deleted it and it's slowly filling again. I can only assume that it's been filling for months. At the moment, the most common entry is:-

    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )

    But there are others.....

    Should I be particularly worried about this? - is it normal to have 'random' errors appear in this file?

    Not only this, but I've started to take notice of the amount of disk space I have available and I'm convinced I've lost a load. Maybe I have a problem HD? I think I might boot from the live CD and run 'fsck'....

    Bad day!

    Stu.....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6
    You shouldn't worry. I delete that file all the time. Mine fills up when KDE crashes. And still everything works file so delete away...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Free Space using Partimage
    By hroush in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
  2. Free Space Help
    By wiccaan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
  3. Common "active" partitions free space?
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Many Errors at .xsession-errors file ...
    By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
  5. Changing free space
    By Skidmark in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



G.SKILL 3GB (3x1GB) DDR-400 PC-3200 184-Pin DIMM RAM Lot F1-3200 picture

G.SKILL 3GB (3x1GB) DDR-400 PC-3200 184-Pin DIMM RAM Lot F1-3200

$30.00



sk hynix 16GB pc4 3200 server RAM picture

sk hynix 16GB pc4 3200 server RAM

$1200.00



Crucial 16GB DDR4 3200MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM Memory Module CT16G4SFRA32A.C8FF picture

Crucial 16GB DDR4 3200MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM Memory Module CT16G4SFRA32A.C8FF

$55.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16 picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-19200 2400MHz Memory Module KCP424SD8/16

$55.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00