Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    .xsession-errors filled ALL my free space!

    In my /home directory I found a file called .xsession-errors which had filled all of my free space up! - your talking GB! I deleted it and it's slowly filling again. I can only assume that it's been filling for months. At the moment, the most common entry is:-

    kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KActionCollection::KActionCollection( QObject *parent, const char *name, KInstance *instance )

    But there are others.....

    Should I be particularly worried about this? - is it normal to have 'random' errors appear in this file?

    Not only this, but I've started to take notice of the amount of disk space I have available and I'm convinced I've lost a load. Maybe I have a problem HD? I think I might boot from the live CD and run 'fsck'....

    Bad day!

    Stu.....

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6
    You shouldn't worry. I delete that file all the time. Mine fills up when KDE crashes. And still everything works file so delete away...

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Free Space using Partimage
    By hroush in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 02:10 PM
  2. Free Space Help
    By wiccaan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:04 AM
  3. Common "active" partitions free space?
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. Many Errors at .xsession-errors file ...
    By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
  5. Changing free space
    By Skidmark in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4

$128.96



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99