Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SVGA graphics root only!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22

    SVGA graphics root only!

    how do I share my SVGAlib graphics as regular user?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22
    -sorry, I guess I should have explained better.

    -When I launch d1x (descent) I get the following:

    You must be the owner of the current console to use svgalib.
    Not running in a graphics capable console,
    and unable to find one.
    svgalib: cannot get keyboard mode.

    Error: SVGAlib Keyboard Init Failed

    Error: SVGAlib Keyboard Init Failed

    -I can only play it as su

    -I mean an easy fix would be just to create a shortcut to it as su, but I think I saw a way (once) to make the SDL/SVGA work for all users. . .

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    here
    Posts
    22
    I fixed it
    I just recompiled to use SDL instead of SVGA

Similar Threads

  1. svga.lib
    By w5uc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 04:09 AM
  2. Graphics card maybe?
    By slice16 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 02:17 AM
  3. Graphics all wrong
    By Borthas in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 06:27 AM
  4. Missing svga (cirrus) module from hdinstall
    By eyeball2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 05:09 AM
  5. Problem with graphics
    By rookworm in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 05:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95