Knoppix Terminal Server - why do some version of Knoppix not work?
I am using the KTS on a HD install of Knoppix.
I've found that the 7/25/03 version works if I either mount the physical CD under /cdrom (so that I get /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX being the 700M+ file) or if I copy the 700M+ file to /cdrom/KNOPPIX. So far, so good.
However, with the 11/19/03 version, it only works with the physical CD. If I put the file there (on the hard disk), I get the following error message (on the client machine - after it has NFS mounted and found /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX):
cloop: Initializing cloop v1.02
cloop: /cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX: 29973 blocks, 65536 bytes/block, largest block is 0 bytes
cloop: out of memory for compressed buffer 0
/modules/cloop.o: init_module:
Hint: ...
(and then a few more error message leading up to: Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.)
As I said, the really funny thing is that this works with the physical CD mounted, but fails with a file. And, as noted, it works either way, with the 7/25/03 version.
Any ideas?

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$221.00