-
Junior Member
registered user
apt-get update problem...
Ok, so I chroot into /mnt/hda1/knx/source just fine.
I can ping the ip for google, but can't ping google.com.
I'm behind a wireless hub and am not sure what to put in. It was my understanding that hubs don't have ip's?
So, how can I figure out what goes into resolv.conf and how can I put it all together?
-
Junior Member
registered user
you need to edit /etc/resolv.conf
add nameserver 192.168.1.1
replace 192.168.1.1 with your dns server ip address.
check with your isp to get their dns ip address or check out your network settings before you chroot. I take it you can ping google.com before you chroot?
-
Junior Member
registered user
yea, i can definitely ping google before i chroot, but i figured then if i just copied resolv.conf it would work...right? if not, where do i find the dns and such from my hub (It's a family network so finding out won't be a problem)
also, what if i told you i think i'm using dhcp
-
Junior Member
registered user
should work, if it doesn't do an nslookup google.com
to see which nameserver answers? There has to be a better way but I can't think of it and I'm not that familiar with debian.
-
Junior Member
registered user
it worked this time, problem solved, thanks
Similar Threads
-
By humi001 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 12:36 PM
-
By lmsaga in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By Durand Hicks in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 03:42 AM
-
By Max in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
-
By -LoZt- in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-20-2003, 04:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q Tiny i5-8600T 16GB RAM Mini PC w/ AC Adapter
$149.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 Core i5 2.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 , Good
$229.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00