-
> ...this is a "volunteer" supported forum,
> people help others because they WANT to,
> not sure if the support you got from Libranet
> was "volunteer" or not, but here, people post issues,
> and other people (who might be able to help)
> try and help them...
Yes, you are right: here is why I posted not only the problem but the solution also, as soon as I got it. Other people, in the future, might take benefit from it. At least I hope so.
The support I got from Libranet was maybe not "volunteer" (although I did not pay for it in any way), but it was kind, prompt and effective. They were not forced to reply: they did, and thus gained a good mark :-)
Not only Libranet works fine and can be downloaded for free, but the guys are kind (just compare with Microsoft ;-)
> ...from your initial post, considering you just
> state "my drive was not full", and not exactly
> any perticulars on your drive, like capacity, free,
> or used space, nor things like "how much memory do
> you have?" stuff - the post was kinda vague to reply to...
> My assumption was that you really DID run up to a "Disk Full",
> and when the download died, the temp space was freed up
> so you didn't see that the drive really was full...
Once again you are right: I am not too technical, and always forget to put down all these measures. Often, actually, I do not even know where to find them.
Anyway, I will read this page once more, and sure I will learn something: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> I might have replied to your initial post, if it wasn't
> that I have been helping other people out, working a graveyard
> shift (other job), and "somehow" didn't find any time to
> even read any new posts lately... (not that I am a big Guru here,
> I try to help as many people as I can, but, as one persons
> issues "can" take a lot more time from someone...)
I undestand you: since when I had the baby [http://pamir.clarence.com/archive/026329.html] I do not have any time left even for the most basic need.
> ...sometimes, the best help for some people, is not helping
> them -=- they tend to find answers to the issues on there own,
> and then, these people are even more "empowered" with the knowledge,
> and skills, that they found there own answers...
I might agree with you, but only to a certain degree: I could not find the soluton myself, without any hint.
Also: computers are quite complicated, and I cannot spend three months just to install the base system. I need to use a computer, the same way you use a plane or a train, or an elevator: I'm not so eager to study mechanical engineering just to drive a car.
Also, as said above, there is not any spare time left :-(
> Don't get down on anyone here, because you didn't get
> a response in a week, sometimes, some of the people here,
> try and assist people by actually creating the "same"
> situation on there own systems, and trying to repeat the
> same issue, and then working out, on there own system,
> a way to resolve the issue - not sure if anyone here was
> doing this, or not, but, they could have been...
Please do not misunderstand me: I just got the answer from Libranet and immediately made it available to you all. I just wanted to do something good.
It is well possible, though, that my poor, croocked English let me say something which was not properly what I meant. Please forgive me: I'm italian, and learned your language by reading "The Lord of the Rings", singing songs from the Beatles, and the like. English is to me just like Linux: I use it, but do not feel easy with it: please allow for errors and wrong expessions.
Thank you for your kind attitude.
Luigi
Similar Threads
-
By briankinder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 01:53 AM
-
By bluedevlx in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 01:22 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By shoka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By kiwiguy in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 07:20 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Sealed Original Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH Rainbow Logo Stickers - 4" & 2"- 5 Each
$79.99

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99