-
locale problems
Hi
I am a aknoppix newbie and a relative linux one at that but whilst working in brasil I was in the desperate need of a good linux box and had next to no bandwidth.
Answer: purchase a brasillian computer mag with knoppix 3.3 on the cover cd.
Great stuff..
So I boot it with keyboard=us and I can get it all working and installed and after some effort I have set KDE up in english and pretty much everything seems OK.
Problem: apt-get and other applications spout out portugese when they go wrong!
And I'm left stranded.
Below is a guide from Kurumin, (an excellent brasillian distribution of knoppix with some excellent install scripts) which details how to add english support but I can't run apt-get install locales...
http://www.guiadohardware.net/linux/...ish_how-to.txt
Some one please help!
Obrigado
Simon
Similar Threads
-
By riechert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:22 PM
-
By Rivendell in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:37 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 03:51 PM
-
By Stephen in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 07:25 PM
-
By athlonthunder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00