Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: text mode or "X"

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    36

    text mode or "X"

    I'd like to be able to deside whether I want to start "X" or just text mode without having to go to KDM .
    What configuration file do I have to edit
    I can probably figure it out from there if not I can always ask again

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: text mode or "X"

    Quote Originally Posted by dougvega
    I'd like to be able to deside whether I want to start "X" or just text mode without having to go to KDM .
    What configuration file do I have to edit
    I can probably figure it out from there if not I can always ask again
    You can just apt-get --purge remove kdm then you will boot to a console login every time or if you just want to remove the startup links then as root use update-rc.d -f kdm remove will remove all the links in the /etc/rc[0-6].d/ directories that are used by kdm during startup and shutdown. Note: The next time the kdm package is upgraded the links will be recreated unless you go and remove all but one of them in the directories by hand then the kdm install script that runs update-rc.d will leave it as you have configured it.

Similar Threads

  1. "text" icon on desktop won't delete
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-23-2005, 11:40 AM
  2. How can I get in "Stand by Mode" in linux?
    By OP4Latino in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
  3. Create "My Computer" in KDE (easy mode)
    By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
  4. hd install:difference between "knoppix-mode" &
    By violinist in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 06:14 PM
  5. (Video) "Mode not supported"
    By logiker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer picture

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer

$72.00



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED  picture

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED

$67.76



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR** picture

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**

$89.99



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99